I'm looking for a hair product...

I've started using a flat iron on my hair, but it is getting a little dry. Is there a hair product that can be put on hair that will protect it at least a little bit? I thought that I heard someone mention that they sell flat iron hair products that should be used before using a flat iron each time.

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• There are products you can buy that are specially made for flat irons.

Are you looking for a product for your HAIR or your FLAT IRON?

As far as your hair goes, you do need to be protecting it when you flat iron. That being said, please, for the love of God, do NOT flat iron everyday. Even with protective products, you're BEGGING for split ends and dry and thinning hair. Keep your flat iron on the lowest setting possible, and keep it moving and you flat iron your hair, don't keep it in one place.
    Any product that you apply to your hair, make sure its DRY before you begin to flat iron. Otherwise, you're frying your hair worse. I'd apply it about 20-30 minutes before you flat iron.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i think biolage has a product that will help with that not sure what it's called though
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't reccomend using a hair product BEFORE using your straightener, as it may cause gunk build up on it and also may make your hair sticky/greasy This is what I do. As soon as I get out of the shower, I towel dry my hair as much as possible and then blow dry it. Then, I pull all of it up except a little row at my neck. Then I straighten it, pull more from my pony tail, ECT untill my hair is straight. Then, I buy this stuff by Queen Haleen (sp?) It's called cholestoral. I get it in the ethnic hair aisle. IT is clear and in a little squirt bottle. I use on one little squirt! Use too much and you will get greasy hair. Anyway, I squirt one litlte squirt in my hand. Rub my palms together alot, then lightly run my hands over the top to smooth and mostly pay attention to the ends. This will smooth out any flyaways and split ends. My hair is so silky soft and shiny and smells amazing.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes there are products on the market for this.. 1st make sure your hair is totally dry before you flat iron. CHI makes a 44 iron guard, its a thermal protection spray, you can spray on the hair my daughter and I spray it on our brush and then brush the piece that we are about to flat iron. 2nd make sure that you are doing a deep conditioner at least 1-2 a week the kind that you leave on for 3-5 minutes. Hope this helps..
    molly1989

Answer by molly1989 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I use the maxi glide first when my hair is dry the I spray a lil frizz ease serum on top makes it smooth nice and shiny..
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009