13 month old, milk allergy. He is on Rice Milk and still has 3-4 diapers a day!

My 13 month old son has had Diarrhea his whole life. When he was breast fed it was like 10-15 diapers a day. When I took him off and fed him Similac With Iron it was like 15 diapers a day then we thought he had a milk allergy so he was on Nutramigin for a couple months everything was great, 2-3 times a day. Now that he is older they made me take him off formula and put him on Milk, well whole milk was awful for him, I've tried soy, never worked, I've tried EVERYTHING, He is on RIce Milk now, Still he has 3-4 diarrhea diapers a day. Sometime's they are Clay/Grey colored and sometime's they are Yellow/Green. Never are they brown! But occasionlly he has Black stools too! Does anyone know what could be wrong? He goes to the doctor's tomorrow, I'm hoping they will refer me to a GI doctor because I think it is more than a milk allergy . ( All Lactose, Dairy, and Gluten have been removed from his diet for atleast a month )

TiffysBabies

Asked by TiffysBabies at 12:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'm not sure what to tell you. I'd just make sure to tell your doctor everything you described in this post. My son had a milk allegy and was on Nutramigen till he was over 1yr old. Now he drinks Lactose free milk (usually soy) and not very much at a time. It still makes him have bad diapers sometimes. Usually 2 really bad ones/day. It doesn't really seem to upset his stomach much though, it's more like it just kinda comes out like that lol. Cheese and cottage cheese and other milk products that have been processed more than once doesn't seem to bother him at all. I am the same way so I guess that's where he gets it from. Anyway, sorry I wasn't much help. Hopefully your doctor can give you some good news tomorrow.
    Kalcan8

Answer by Kalcan8 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If your insurance company requires a referral, call your doctor and insist on getting that referral. You might consider taking your son to an allergist. Why did the doctor want to take him off of gluten and dairy? Was your son tested for diabetes and Celiac Disease? Did those tests come back negative?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It took a month for me to see results when I took my toddler off gluten. Make you he is not getting any hidden gluten/dairy (watch for cross contamination etc.) and give it a little more time. There is lots of good info at http://www.thefooddoc.com/index.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my daughter had diarrhea from five months old to 11 months old. i was going crazy. i used to give her juice and she had more . some days runny 12 diapers, she never gained from five to 11 moths only two pound. i finally changed prediatricians .he took her off milk products asked to give her pedialyte mixed with soy formula powder you can do it with Rice milk and to make everything at home. i basically made home made soups for her.Chicken noddles green beans and carrots blended it &friezed it and that what she ate bananas and a bit of home made apple sauce one month later her teeth came in her hair grew s she walked talked and got healthy She gained weight and never had diarrhea again. By one, she was talking walking a and meeting all her milestones. even with the diarrhea she always understood everything early and pointed she crawls she talked and did all her cognitive and motor on time
    youmakemydreams

Answer by youmakemydreams at 4:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I gave almond milk

my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009