Opinions on spellings for this name ...

I am due with my 3rd child , little girl!

I already have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son, both of their names start with a C ( as doesmine, and my husbands), soI would like to go with a C name, something no to common, but not to weird.

We came up with Carina ( care - rina) ... actually at first I liked Catrina, but then we decided Carina might be better...

Anyways, does the spelling seem fine, or do you know of another way of spelling it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2012 in Baby Names

• I like Carina.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I do not care for unique, odd or unusual spellings- that will forever be spelled wrong.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• I have heard the name before and it is a nice name. But I still stand by my name check list. Kids can be brutal.

Also, only name a child Marco if your child won't mind hearing "Polo" every time someone calls his name.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2012

• I like Carina.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2012

• The name you chose is fine.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Keep it as is.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• As a middle school teacher, I always say that people should do a few things before naming a child.

1) Look it up in the dictionary to see if it could be made fun of
    2) Check if the initials spell anything embarrassing
    3) teach the child not to get upset if their name is misspelled or mispronounced.
    4) think of anything that might rhyme with the name.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Wow that is alot of negative stuff for such a simple question ....( no wonder so many people complain about the negative people on here)

I spelled it that way because I went from Catrina, so i assumed it would be spelt that way, I didnt think or Corina, but I thing I like that better,...

I wasnt trying to come up with some crazy names, I asked about the spelling to find out waht would be the best way to spell it ...

also, I guess cuh-ree-nuh IS how it would be said and I like that.... with my accent, I tried to sound it out, but didnt get it right....

ALSO, I did not make it up, I have heard of several older women with this name.... just because YOu dont like it , or havent heard it doesnt mean anything, if you put your name and your childrens names here, I guarantee you, people will have some not so nice things to say also !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Yes, it will be pronounced like cuh-ree-nah but, IMO, that's ok. I prefer that pronunciation.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• I read Carina and Cuh-Ree-Nuh not Care-E-Nuh

I like it, i would just say it differently than you want it said!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2012