Has anyone ever gotten pregnant by their husband after having what seems to be a successful vascectomy?

My husband had a vasectomy about a couple of years ago and I wanted to know if it is possible to have live sperm after a successful vascectomy.

MommedForces

Asked by MommedForces at 12:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, if it was a successful vasectomy, no. But some doctors make the cuts in such a way that the vas deferens can heal, thus allowing sperm back into the semen. Hence, it's not a successful vasectomy.
    Anonymous

• AAAACK! Don't scare me like that! Save this question for around Halloween. I don't want to think about it.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Not after a successful one! But, I understand it takes about 3 months to completely cut off the sperm supply. Since it's been a couple of years, you should be fine, but if you're doubting, make him go to the doc, give a specimen, and get a sperm count.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes I know two women it has happened too
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009