Hi I just asked for help cause my 1st grade son doesnt like his teacher

I have talk to other parents and it seems like there kids dont like the teacher they tell me that there kids cry at night and say they dont like the teache but now one wants to say any thing.. at first I thout it was my boy and we had a talk with the principal. but then after xmas vacation it still happens and it is getting outta hand he really dont like going to his teacher I some times tell him that I will get him some thing i know he will really want but that wont even help and some pepole tell me i sould not change him classes since it is to late in the year so please help me

Virginia93458

Asked by Virginia93458 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find out why he doesn't like her. Is she just strict? I have no problem with strict teachers. I had teachers growing up that I didn't like, and I just got through it. What's with parents insisting on bailing their kids out of everything now? I mean, geez...life doesn't get easier...let him get through it. Is the teacher hitting him? If so, that's a different story. Verbally abusing him...okay, do something. But otherwise, deal with it.
    Anonymous

• I think the person that answered on your other post and said, "volunteer in the classroom" is a genius. That is a great idea.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I totally agree...volunteer in the class to see what's going on. I mean, why doesn't he like her? What does he say about her? Volunteer to see it with your own eyes.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Volunteer so you can see how the teacher is. Many do not like my sons teacher. I personally love her she does not baby the kids and teaches them so much. There are other teachers who do baby the students and many parents have moved their kids to those classrooms. My sons class is now filled with children who are well disciplined and have great parents who don't bubble wrap their kids. Until you volunteer you really won't know what is up.

Anonymous