How can I find out if I can have children?

I have been off bitch control for about 2 1/2 years. And I've been married for almost a year now. My husband and I are trying to have a child and we really want one of our own. So is there a way for me to find out if I can even have a children of my own. Because my husband already has a child with another girl.

littlemasha89

Asked by littlemasha89 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Id say if you havnt been able to get pregnant for a year of trying then go see your Dr and they will run some tests untill then dont worry about it. Try to chart your cycle so that you can learn when the best day for ovulation is. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Is there a reason you think you wouldn't be able to have children? If so, speak to a doctor. If not, then I'd just try and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• Sex is the best way to find out...But if you've been trying for a long time with no results, you may want to schedule an appt with the gyno. Relax. Stress can keep you from getting pregnant, or keeping the pregnancy.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Time for a doctor visit. also you may want to track your cycles most importantly your temps. you can find out if you are ovulating that way too. The best way to chart that I have found is the taking charge of your fertility software. It will predict when you should ovulate, and keep track of your cycle as you chart it. It can also tell by the info you have put in how likely it is that you have ovulated. Sperm by the way are very delicate way more so than eggs are. For instance sperm are very heat sensitive. Just wearing tight pants can raise the temp of the testicles and the sperm. so just because he has had a child doesnt mean his sperm haven't changed. the fist step is to make sure that you are ovulating. then that his fertility is okay. then timing of intercourse also.
    Goodluck .
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009