eczema and swimming?

so i just found out my dd has eczema. can she still go to the indoor water park?we go a few times in the winter and go swimming all the time in the summer. what do you do about swiming if your little ones have eczema?

sunshinemama86

Asked by sunshinemama86 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son LOVES the water and I just don't have the heart to tell him he cant go. It makes his skin a little dryer than normal, but if you wash her off as soon as you get home and puts lots of lotion on her she should be okay. It's different for everyone but thats what I do with my son and does fine.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son has had it since birth, he's fine in the summer as long as you use a really good sunblock and dont let them get over heated... Thats when my son will break out bad.. A bath with Aveno body soap and aveno lotion after keeps his skin soft all yr round
    Anonymous

• my 3 kids have eczema and we have a pool. I just make sure they lotion up at night real well. However I find saltwater helps it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son is 3 and has it since birth, but never had more episodes since we use the ABC Line from Arbonne. I can provide sample. The baby oil and the sunscreen are awesome providing great moisturization and protection.
    AImom

Answer by AImom at 11:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009