Smoking during pregnancy...

And im not talking about ciggarettes. Beleive it or not, some women smoke marijuana while pregnant. I would like to hear their views on the matter and try to see it from their side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i definately agree..i am a pothead and ill admit it.i dont smoke(or try not to) when im pregnant. and i am a Damn good mother. just becuase some of us choose the reefer doesnt make us bad moms..the ones who are drunk 24/7 and Can't take care of their kids are the Bad Moms.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• they are stupid if they do that. but hey thats IMO.
    i just dont understand why anyone would wana harm their baby knowingly befor they are born.
    Anonymous

• OK i smoked pot before i got preggo and i worked were a lot of people smoked pot while i was preggo. They would try and convince me to smoke with them by saying that it heightens the babies awareness and stuff like that. None the less never smoked it and haven't since. Also on another topic. My obgyn told me that it was better to have a few drinks of alcohol (not get drunk) everyday and it was healthier than smoking cigarettes. Just shows you that there are still crazy people out there.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i didnt smoke while i was pregnant, but i know some people that did. there is no proof that it causes harm to the baby. no proof of miscarriages, no proof of any harm. the people i know that smoked it had no problem doing so. but there is no proof of it causing harm, but on the flip side theres really no proof that it doesnt, which is why i didnt smoke. i didnt want to take that risk. but the people i know who did, theyre kids are fine and dandy. no heatlh problems. no nothing, theyre completely normal. i think its just a personal choice that people have to make. seeing as how there is no proof on either side.
    Anonymous

• I am not proud to admit it, but I smoked cigarettes w/ my son. His birthweight was normal, and never had any health issues. Pot I feel is a total other issue, same w/ drinking. JMO. Many of our moms smoked and drank w/ us and we all turned out ok.
    Anonymous

• Women that smoke or drink during pregnancy need to have their children taken away.Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• anon 1220, getting their kids taken away??? OMG, thats a little overboard! There are parents that have done a whole lot worse for crying out loud!
    Anonymous

• There is PROOF that it can increase the risk of the baby having asthma. So I think its better to not smoke while pregnant. Why take the chance with anything like that, pot or alcohol...
    Anonymous

• youre a dumb ass anon
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 1:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• tawnbond which anon are you referring to?
    Anonymous