Another Tax Evader joins the ranks in the Obama Administration?

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSWBT01055020090202

U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday underscored his support for health secretary-designate Tom Daschle, despite tax errors that prompted Daschle to pay $140,000 in back taxes.

Did you know that if you applied to be a White House intern, you would most likely be turned down during the security clearance if you failed to pay your taxes?

What does this say for the Obama hand selected Administration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What a crazy, jumbled screwed-up mess.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• These are the people Obama is placing in charge of determining the best use of our tax dollars. Does anyone else feel like he is trying to turn Washington into the same style of Corruptness as Chicago?
    Anonymous

• I think that this says that Obama will destroy our country!! All of these nontax paying people should be blamed for our society and we will collapse!!!

I am going to sue bc I WAS denied a job bc I have back taxes!!

I applied for first lady-I wonder why they didn't call me back?
    Anonymous

• Transparency? Responsibility? Accountability?

I don't think so.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Obama is a typical politician. They are all born liars.  Anyone who thinks Obama cares about us is a fool.  He is out for himself and those handlers who got him elected.   I am not shocked by this. I may stop paying my taxes. When the IRS comes after me I will explain I was using the Geithner/Daschle method for paying my taxes. lol

Anonymous

• LOL Right, and I just love how when the Republicans talk about it they get nothing but excuses for these guys. 2010 is looking better and better every day.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am not going to pay my taxes at all this year bc obama is the messiah and he is going to part the clouds and take us all to heaven in June-didn't you hear?
    Anonymous

• I say let him keep turning D.C. into Chicago. Eff it up COMPLETELY. And when 2010 rolls in.... REPUBLICANS UNITE!!!
    Anonymous

• just another non-issue i couldn't care less about.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It seems heather that every time the man makes a wrong move ya'll consider it a non issue but if Bush tied his shoes wrong everyone went nuts!

About the question..... It looks like Obama's spread the wealth point of view is OUR wealth not the people he hires. They can't even pay what they are supposed to pay, much less a little more to "help out the guy behind them"

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009