Is he cheating??? Please tell me what you think...

My dh and I have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old. He has ALWAYS accused me of cheating and I have NEVER done anything to make him think that. I know that is a sign of cheating, but his ex cheated on him and I think thats why he has done this for 4 years. Anyway, he constantly picks on my body, says Im lazy, dumb, could screw anything up.... He is never home, but Im sure that I always know where he is, except when he is "working". He also always complains we never have sex and he will go find some hottie to screw ( we have sex an average of 4 times a week). Well today I called him at worked on his cell and he seemed mad. I asked him what was wrong and he said he didnt want to talk about it...weird!! So he comes home and seemed somewhat normal, at least to our daughter and he went in the bathroom. I asked him what was wrong earlier and he said. (continued)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• He could have gotten yelled at or in trouble at work. It could be anything. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. He is not treating you right, that is for sure. Just ask him if he is happy being married to you and see what he says. Sometimes men don't realize that their actions make us think they are cheating. He just might be a jerk right now and not even realize it. Let him know what he's doing and it hurts you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• "stay out my business, I dont want to talk about it, Im trying to forget about it". So I let it go. About a half hour later I told him it was driving me nuts and all I could assume was that he is cheating on me and something happened with the girl..(i know I have anxiety and im really paraniod). He said "fine, whatever just assume and leave me along so I can go to sleep".
    Anonymous

• That's awful! He sounds like he doesn't treat you with the respect you deserve. I think you should seriously think about counseling. You both have serious trust issues and he is mean and critical. If you want your relationship to last you need to get help. I couldn't say if it sounds like cheating or not in this instance but the real problem is the lack of communication and respect. If he's willing to work things out in counseling then you have hope! You both have to want a healthy successful relationship in order to get one.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think it sounds like your man has some real issues (cheating or not) and he's managed to make you feel guilty and maybe even responsible for his issues.... don't buy into that. I'm sure he has good qualities but he sounds like an emotionally abusive ass. I wish I had more words of wisdom, but either counseling or counseling is the only thing I can think of. If he won't go to marriage counseling, I think you should definitely get yourself into it, for your own sake.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He wont go to counseling. It's not that I have had trust issues until now. I have always just let things go in one ear and out the other, Im just starting to sit and realize everything thats going on and I still dont really think he's cheating, I just want to see if Im blind sided by him or what?
    Anonymous

• Cheating or not.. that is NOT how you treat your spouse! That's insane! I've been with my husband more than 12 years --- and believe me, we've had some rough times --- and he has NEVER treated me like that.

It's not my place to tell you what to do... can only tell you what I'D do --- and that's tell him to find another place to stay until he decides he wants to treat me like a decent human being. ANd I'd DEFINITELY cut off that 4-times-a-week sex, too! If he is screwing around, I sure don't want him bringing me anything penicillin won't cure!

G'luck to ya! Hope you find a solution that works for you.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Try talking calmly with him and tell him your feelings. Say that you are concerned, worried, hurt. because he calls you these names, and he belittles you. If you are all afraid of him get counseling for yourself. It sounds as though he is not being the man that you fell in love with and married. If you were no longer with him, how would your life be. First of all try to save the marriage.

Answer by Bmat at 1:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He sounds crazy sorry! I would run for the hills
    Anonymous