is it safe to prepare formula with filtered water (like brita) rather than bottled?

Liyu-mummy

Asked by Liyu-mummy at 1:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes you dont need to even use bottled water unless you live some where that the water isnt safe to drink.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes its fine to use either type of water, but if you use bottled you should ask your dr about getting some floride drops cuz filtered water doesnt have floride in it the way tap water does and baby needs some of that.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• stay away from floridated bottled water. babies are not supposed to have floride. other than that as long as it is clean and fresh it shouldnt matter. Bottled and filtered water are always softer than tap.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• some bottled water is actually worse or the same as tap water because of all the chemicals they put in it.
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Tap water is fine
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 1:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Ha silly me, didn't ever think it mattered either way! When my oldest was little I always carried a bottle of water with me where ever we went and at home used tap....hmm...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• thanks, i went and bought a brita filter today :-)
    Liyu-mummy

Answer by Liyu-mummy at 1:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2009