How can I get my 11 month old to sleep through the night?

She wakes up 1 time a night for a bottle and will go back to sleep. I have tried ignoring her, but she just gets louder. She was sick last week and was sleeping through the night, but now she is making up for not eating good for a week and is up 2 times a night some nights!! Help!

alalsip

Asked by alalsip at 6:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could take him a shower and he will feel more relaxed
    princess_ana

Answer by princess_ana at 6:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Maybe you should give her a filling snack before bed. Oatmeal worked for my kids.
    nana44

Answer by nana44 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• suggest you look up the Family Bed online and see if the stories there give you some insights ... :-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i still have to give my 11 mth old a bottle at least once a night my self if not twice. but i found out for the pass to nights dat if i give him a jar or baby food with cereal added then a bath he sleeps all night. it has worked twice this week. and i kno you need ur sleep being prego and all like me, so i have been trying everything and i found dat dis actully works.
    Neka_momof2

Answer by Neka_momof2 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm having the same problem with my 11 month old. I've found that he wakes more when we don't stick to his routine. Bath, Cuddle/bottle, tell brothers goodnight, and bed. I'm trying to wean just a little. He's doing good, but when he does wake up, he wants that bottle. Usually only 3 or 4 oz. I'm going to try the filling snack directly before bed.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Put water in the bottle -it won't be near as appealing to wake up for. It may even make her mad! :) Is she teething? Matthew is. I have found that Humphries homeopatic teething tablets really help, and there is a product call Rescue Remedy that is also homeopathic that works really well to help them relax. I found the teething tablets at Ingles, our local grocery store!
    luvmy12kids

Answer by luvmy12kids at 11:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2008