Can you put a tampon in too far?

I have the worst time with tampons and I think it is b/c I don't put them in far enough. Im afraid of it going in too far I guess. Can it go in too far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you can't reach the string....then you've put in to far...lol
    Anonymous

• No. It can't go in too far. You'll be fine. I promise.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it can. Just put the applicator like an inch in before pushing the tampon in.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• As long as you can reach the string to pull it out, you'll be fine.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes you can get it stuck up in there too far, but I think that only happens if you put two in. Read the instructions on the folded up pamplet inside the box, it'll explain how to insert them correctly. Basically you put it in until the tip of your finger is pretty much inside you and the string is still hanging outside.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes, if you try to have sex while it's in...(yes i know a woman that did that...she forgot it was in...lol i so wish i had been in the ER when she had to explain that one!)
    Anonymous

• It can only go so far and eventually come down on its own in the unlikely event that you leave one up there...but you will have an odor. The comfort and point of a tampon is that you should not know it is there...if you do not put it in far enough it will hurt and then you know to put it farther in the next time. You should place the tampon in until the outer and inner rings..where the tampon is hooked together is inside your vulva then push the tube and it will insert the tampon as far as it should go. There are directions inside every box.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009