• In the Spotlight:

preparing formula for babies

So i keep reading about how to prepare formula for babies.
They say not to use the nursery water in the store you can buy because they are finding that the fluiride in it isnt good for them . Also using your tap water isnt a good idea either and if you are using tap water you should be boiling it first.
What do you guys use to make your babies bottles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My kids were all formula fed using tap water. They're healthy. Unless you live in a developing country where the water isn't purified, you don't need to boil it.
    Anonymous

• I bought nursery water b/c my pediatrician said that the fluoride is good for them...i used nursery water until he started drinking whole milk...
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 1:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I used just reg bottle water till JB was 4m and then i started using the tap...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Used tap water for my daughter...the doctors advised us to use tap water.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I used bottled spring water or Nursery water. Most often, the spring water though.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We used tap water with the powdered formula. My kids are totally fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• from 2 mo to 4 mo i boiled tap water. then i slowly started just using our purified tap water. she didnt have any problems with it. (we have a pur filter on our faucet. me & dh wont drink the tap water as is, why should she haha)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009