Super Bowl commercials and the economy?

Im not a football fan but I do watch the Super Bowl and most years look forward to the commercials. I know usually they spend millions on a slot during the big game. This year I was pretty disappointed. Do you think not as many big companies were willing to shell out the cash for those slots this year? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didnt watch but there was a question this morning complaining about companies who had them LOL.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there were several companies that simply didn't have the money to shell out for a commercial.

I did notice that the commercials weren't the same quality that we've had in the past, and that is probably due to the economy. After dishing out millions for the spot on TV, they probably didn't have a lot left for the commercial itself.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i don't know, i was disappointed as well. i only saw 5 that i thought were funny. speaking of which, did you hear about what happened Arizona? people that had Comcast cable there, got more than what they bargained for. after the cardinals made a touchdown, porn came on!! lol. so they had about a 30 sec view of a guy wagging his d*** around...lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I know FedEx dropped out completely, and McDonald's didn't make any new ones, but that could've been because they were going to use Phelps and he's "tainted" now. Miller's 2 second commercial where they just said "Highlife" was a direct slam on all the money Bud spends on their commercials, and the one everyone keeps talking about - the Dorito's crystal ball was made for $2k and the winner of their make a commercial contest. Overall, I'd say it was a very fitting statement on our economy. No banking and invenstment ads, very few car ads, and very few "find a new job because you're worth more" ads.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Them comercials were awesome, some of the best i ever seen... we were laughing our butts off...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My favorite was the Careerbuilder (with the woman screaming in her car)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Some of the companies that spent millions to air them were banks that received bailout money from the taxpayers. That's where the big problem is.
    Anonymous