Just wondering....why do people think its weird to still use condoms while being married?

I was just reading a post in a group that someone was asking why would someone use a condom if they were married? A few people agreed and found it weird. Why? Its totally just out of wonderment! (is that a word lol). My hubby and i did after our son was born cause i did not want to get pregnant again. So even though i was on the shot i still wanted to make sure lol. And i probably will do it again after the birth of the next child. I just have the idea that bc isnt always 100% so why not use them? I know its not as good with them on then without lol...but we werent ready to take the chance yet

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it's weird. It's a form of birth control.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree with you. I don't do well on BC and i have tried a few different kinds. Me and my husband just stick to condoms (or pulling out if it is really heated, which I know doesn't work lol). When I tell my friends this they think I am nuts! I think most married couples look as condoms as something to prevent std's not pregnancy and since we are married we don't have to worry about std's.
    Anonymous

• ummmm....cause they live in la-la land....where unplanned pregnancy is always a great thing and husbands/SO never screw around!
    I'm with you on this...IDK?????
    Anonymous

• Its not weird. Its your choice.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree not weird at all. No form of bc is 100% effective except no sex at all, and really who wants that? lol. I use the nuvo-ring when I'm not pregnant and we still use condoms because we don't more kids after this one. And I agree with the first anon on the std part.
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 1:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• LOL because it just felt weird. COurse my pills did fail (however turns out orthotricyclen has a fairily high failure rate.) Plus I hyper ovulate (probably due to my weight or hormones in all our food). Guess I must just be a dumb ass, because after the twins are born, I'm switching to a much heavier hitting form of birth control, along with a spermacide or a sponge.
    Anonymous

• we use them. Not all the time but I have two pill babies. And I use the pill religiously.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't think it is weird either. Personaly I like using them even though I am on the pill, mainly because it's less messy after doing " the deed!" lol!
    B-rit_32506

Answer by B-rit_32506 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't think its weird and would use them over pills for birth control anyday.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Being Safe. Protected & piece of mind is yours! Go for it! There's nothing wrong with it!! I think you're very smart to do that if that's your own choice!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009