Working out after c-section

how long should i wait b4 i start to work out to loose my baby wight? also what are some good work outs that help shed the pounds?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• My doctor told me six to eight weeks. I started doing things to early because I felt great and ruptured the surface incision. They wouldn't re-stitch. It had to be packed with gauze daily, and I couldn't drive or work out for nearly six months.

So please...do what your doctor says!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2012

• Wait until you are released by your doc. Don't do anything before that. I just had abdominal surgery for something else in April and I was released after 2 weeks. I wasn't anywhere near ready to workout for nearly 12 weeks, then I got a cold. I am just now feeling better and want to start at it again.

The best thing you can do to shed the pounds is get your cardio in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2012

• Atleast 6 weeks
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2012

• Definitely talk to your doctor and work your way up from walking to more intense cardio! If you have any questions, let me know!
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2012

• 8 weeks. and be careful when you do start. i just had my 2nd child june5 & it was by c-section, the 1st was also c-section. my incision came open a little this time because i did too much. all i've really been doin is light housework & picking up my oldest child (almost 3 yrs old). you could probably start some arm exercises after 6 weeks like lifting small weights (like 5lbs). you may feel fine but it does take a long time for that to heal so try to wait it out.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Heavy working out should wait until 6 weeks, but after each of my csections I started walking short distances with baby in the stroller after 3-4 weeks. Even when you begin to work out, you should stop any time you are uncomfortable. Yoga is great to start out - I found some good videos on Netflix, and I think they have some on youtube as well.

Answer by missanc at 10:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2012