• In the Spotlight:

how should i organize our homeschool book shelf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, my books have spilled out FAR away from the bookshelves a very long time ago LOL But what I TRY to do is have a bookshelf/cabinet for each kid's stuff (I have multiple grades going at once... so it's a nightmare when they get mixed up).

Then, for each child's bookcase, one shelf is textbooks, another shelf is workbooks, another shelf is reference materials, etc.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I dont use a bookshelf anymore either LOL. I bought plastic crates and I put the kids books and things they need on a regular basis in those and have their name on the side of each crate.
    Anonymous

• I have a book shelf but once a week I pull all their school work off and paper clip it together or put it with the book it belongs with it takes some time to organize the week but for me it works. I am going to try next year cause I will have three to work with I am going to get portable file boxes with lids this way everything can be filed and still stay looking neat. The one thing I use now that also works well you will have certain stuff you use everyday and it gets to be a pain to get it out and put it back I have two colored storage boxes that match my dining room that I keep some of the everyday things in this way they are out of the way when your done!!
    AmieJo853

Answer by AmieJo853 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009