Don't touch!

So I'm going to a family wedding this weekend and my dh's side doesn't really respect boundaries. Is there a polite way to tell people not to touch me!?!? I feel like a major freakout session may occur...his cousin lifted up my shirt at christmas to see, I mean, hello? who does that!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• constantly keep your hand on your belly and they cannot lift your shirt up. lol
    Anonymous

• Wear a dress with a jacket or something covering your belly and whenever you feel like you're going to bombarded, just cross your arms around your belly casually so they can't touch. hahahaha That is what I do. His family is the same way.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Wear a dress to the wedding, that'll stop them from lifing up your whole dress. IF someone makes a motion to touch you then just politely say that people touching your stomach bothers you.
    Anonymous

• Okay, lifting up your shirt for them to see your belly just isn't cool, and it's totally disrespectful!
    Either let your DH know before hand that you feel uncomfortable with it, and have him say something when his family tries to touch you. OR when they do put their hand up to your belly, just say politely "I'm sorry, I don't really like to be touched" or something to that affect. They'll appreciate that you weren't mean about it, they may be a little offended but HEY! It's YOUR belly.
    I understand your belly has gotten bigger, and it's cute, but I'm sure many of their asses have gotten bigger... but you dont go up and grab it! Haha
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 1:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• haha people wont be that suprised if you erupt on them haha, in fact they kind of expect it. being prego is like a get out of jail free card for blatent emotional outbursts! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• if you dont want to be rude, tell them that you feel Really naseas and that people touching your belly makes you feel like you need to run to the bathroom.lol..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Beat them to the trick...rub a couple of their bellies and see how they like it :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009