Shared Bedrooms

Would it be ok for my seven year old daughter to share a room with my three year old son, or is she too old to share?

LittleBubbles

Asked by LittleBubbles at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2012 in General Parenting

• Kids sharing rooms is no big deal to me until puberty. When one reaches puberty they then need their privacy. Three and seven... no big deal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• they ll hve fun sharing it.they can hve their study tables or a corner completely of their own,unshared.
    charakhan

Answer by charakhan at 1:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son share a room. i see nothing wrong with it for now.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• IMO she is too old. SHe is now schoola ged and is going to want her own space to her she is a baby no matter that he is 3, and they are different genders. I would not do it. my children are 4yrs apart and Would not do it b/c of that.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Yep its fine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• I see nothing wrong with it at their age.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• My step brother shared a room with my sister and I until we were 11 and 10 and he was 9. His mother decided he was ruining her marriage (her new hubby didn't like him) and sent him to live with us when he was 7. At that time, we only had a 2 bedroom house. There was the attic, but it wasn't heated and it didn't have air conditioning. My parents began looking for a new place. They finally bought property and had a house built.

It wasn't a big deal. The bathroom was right next door and we all changed there and we did our homework at the kitchen table. We didn't have any issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• yea it's fine
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2012

• I personally feel it is fine, but we are landlords and section 8 here says once the oldest turns 6 then different gender children need to have their own room. We had a tenant that was forced to move by section 8 in the middle of her lease because her oldest turned 6 and the other one was 4. Until then she was approved for a 2 bedroom, but they MADE her move to a 3 bedroom. Luckily we had a 3 bedroom open so she just stayed with us and moved into it. As long as they have their own bed and separate space in the room or somewhere then fine. You may have conflict due to the age difference though and that would happen same or different gender.
    Anonymous

• I think it is fine for now. But in a couple years it will be harder on them.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2012