is it normal to only have sex the week you ovulate?

i want sex all the time, but husband never does. its kiilling me. when its the week for ovulation he'll have sex - but thats it. i need it more. it pisses him off to talk about it. what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like you have issues in your relationship and shouldn't be trying to get pregnant right now. Lack of sex in a relationship is a sign of other problems.
    Anonymous

• You should not hold off on intimacy to just wait for when you ovulate that can be counter productuve.
    Only hold off 3 days prior to your most fertile days and than be intimate everyother day up until your next period is due.
    Trying to conceive can be very hard on a couple,wish you the best.
    I would talk to someone about what your going through to reduce the stress.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Is it possible that lovemaking has turned into something that has been done solely for the purpose of conceiving for so long that he is no longer turned on? This is a guess, I have no idea how long you have been trying. If this is the case tell him you want to take a break from trying for a while. Then YOU turn sex back into lovemaking. Try candlelight dinners, sexy lingerie, fun foreplay that has been out of practice for a while. Things like that. If you continue to keep track of ovulation, you keep track of it and don't tell your husband. Cuddle, kiss, hug, send naughty texts and emails. Show a little leg, play footsies under the table. Act like you guys are having an affair with each other. Go slowly, don't pressure, and DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. Just act like you did when you were first married.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't call it "normal" but there is nothing wrong with it either. I have a much higher sex drive than my husband does, but our marriage is great and we are very stable. We have just learned how to live with each other's wants and needs. Men get very sensitive about this kind of stuff, so try not to pressure him. When me and my husband were TTC, during my fertile time was about the only time we had sex either. I hated it, but I knew I couldn't change him and that was just the way he was. It used to bother me a lot, but I have accepted the way he is and I love him. I have learned that sex is not everything in a relationship and sometimes we are going to want it at the same time and sometimes we aren't. When a couple is putting too much emphasis on getting pregnant and not enough on just having fun that can turn a man off too. I hope it works out for you and he comes around. Good luck.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Personally it sounds to me like you shouldnt be trying for a kid...you need to have a talk with him... Im not saying it anit normal, but if it were me I would wont to know why, and make sure whatever it is couldnt lead to more problems on down the road.
    Anonymous