another milk question

thanks for the help on the last one, heres a little more detail. so my son already eats all sorts of solids, and he would still get some dairy from cheeses and yogurts and stuff, but is that enough dairy to ensure that he wouldnt be lactose intolerant if i went soy as far as drinking milk? also, he is on formula now, so should i just cut that out completely, or start with like the same amount of bottles, and just have a sippy cup around for casual drinking? i already know he will drink milk, as he is always stealing sips from his cousins sippy. thanks again!

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 1:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what your last question was but if a child is lactose intolerant then cheese, yogurt, and anything with lactose (milk products) would cause bowel issues, etc.

How old is he? I don't know why you would go to soy milk unless you need to? But you would have to cut out other dairy too lol.

Maybe I will go try and find your last question!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i was gonna cut out milk because of the growth hormone and all the other crap they pump into dairy cows. i dont mind so much in small doses like in cheese and stuff, but humans are the only mamals that continue to drink milk after infancy so i was just kind of interested in cutting out the uneccesary hormones and stuff.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Our cheeses, yogurt, and all dairy products are hormone free so is our meat :) Soy milk isn't bad though but it's also not needed either you know?

You don't really need to drink milk to survive. My dd drinks water and occasionally juice. Sometimes she will get the horizon's organic milk boxes when we go places.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009