how do I get my daughter, 13 months old to nap and sleep in crib. She cries and cries.

She started sleeping with me while camping in July as we had no crib in the camper. Now I am trying to get her to nap and sleep in her crib but she cries and cries. I feel bad about letting her cry. Any tips on how to tough it out?

kamdynsmom07

Asked by kamdynsmom07 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lay her down, give her a kiss, say night night. (whatever your routine is) after 15-20 minutes of crying, go in there, give her a kiss, say it's bed time, lay her down. after 15-20 min, go in, give her kiss, lay her down, dont' say anything. make sure you lay her down when you know she's really tired, or this won't work. if this happens repeatedly just keep going in there and laying her down. consistancy is the key, so don't break down. may i suggest, next time you go camping, use a pack n play... :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009