Is anyone going though this?

My baby is 1 week and he sleeps all day but stays up all night, I cant seem to wake him up during the day! any tips? I would not mind sleeping during the day with him when he is sleep but i have a 3 year old to look after.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh heres an old wives tale for when the baby has his days and nights mixed up (haha it didnt work for my son though) try flipping him in a complete head over feet sommersault. other than that, he is just used to the dark in your belly so thats wehn hes most comfortable being up. he'll change his mind soon enough.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I know just how you feel...But unfortunatly I have no advice because I have the same problem my baby is up all night and most of the day...a newborn, a 4 year-old and my boyfriend has to be up to go to work at 4:30 in the morning so he's not much help at night either. My baby is about 7 weeks old now and I want to go back to work but there is no way because I don't sleep...One thing I can tell you though is the one time my baby does sleep is from 8am to about 10:30am so from that time I put my 4 year-old in bed with us and put on a movie, get her a juice and something to snack on and try to sleep. Also as soon as I get up taking a shower and drinkning a cup of coffee help me feel a little alive. Your probably like shower? How??? I put my 4 year old in the shower with me and put the baby in her bouncer and bring the baby in the bathroom. Oh and did I say I drink LOTS of COFFEE!!!
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The only way to correct it is to gradually keep him up more during the day so that he will sleep at night. The key is to do it gradually so that the baby does not become overly tired and cranky. Good luck and it will pass.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009