Why do people respond to questions with "call your doctor!"?

Could it possibly be because:
A. We are not doctors and shouldn't be giving medical advice.
B. We could theoretically be held liable for any advice we do give.
C. We think you really do need to call your doctor.
D. We know something you don't know and are concerned for you.
OR
E. All of the above.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• banging head into wallAmen sister ....do you see MD after my screen name?

salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Its annoying to see medical questions that can be life threatening on here. I think if you need someone to tell you to call the doctor then something more is going on, more then anyone here can help the person with.
    Anonymous

• All except B.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree with above answer.. All but b
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• because some women ask questions like i think i am pregnant or w/e like we would know.... they ask things they should be talking to a doctor about...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The only reason I ask a question is to see if anyone has experience with the condition... No matter what anyone tells me I will take myself or my child to the Dr...
    Anonymous

• Because we are not doctors, or A. Some of the questions asked on her sound serious and I usually don't answer them even if I had experience with that condition because I don't want to get them unnecessarily frieghtened or upset. For example my son is autistic, but I would not tell another mother who is asking a question about her child that has the same behaviour as my son that her child was autistic. Instead I would tell her to talk with her doctor about it, and if he thought it was needed to go see a neurologist. That is why I do it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Oh gosh, it drives me crazy that some people have so little common sense that they think they can get good answers talking to random people on the Internet.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm Doctor Mom...not an MD : ) I answer the questions the best I can and sometimes follow it up with call your doctor.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009