A little confused.. Sorry if this is a stupid question

I was just wondering how this all works, Do you get pregnant on the day you ovulate or the day you conceive???
If i were to conceive on July 28 would that mean that who I had sex with on July 28 was my baby's dad or two weeks before that when i ovulated I dont get how it works sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 2 weeks before
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The day you concieve is most likely the day that you ovulate. Sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days waiting for you to ovulate. So it is possible to have sex and then "concieve" 5 days later when you actually ovulate and the sperm finds the egg. Usually you get pregnant from having sex one or two days before you ovulate. Rarely you can get pregnant from having sex on the day that you ovulate.
    "Conception" occurs when the sperm meets the egg, which is most likely on the day you ovulate. Conception usually doesn't occur until at least a day after you have sex, because it takes that long for the sperm to get up to the fallopian tubes.
    I am not sure where you heard that you "concieve" 2 weeks after you ovulate. That is false information.

I hope that helps.
    Suz_Q

Answer by Suz_Q at 3:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009