I am 39 weeks pregnant and I am ready to see my little girl anyways to speed up the labor process? please help!!

adamzfam802

Asked by adamzfam802 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't try any of the DIY induction techniques without talking to your doc about them. They all carry some level of risk to the baby. Be patient and let baby come when she's ready. I know that it is not easy at the end, but it's what is best for your baby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• ha ive tried everything.. ive tried sex, walking, i ate a WHOLE pineapple, bouncing on a ball, acupressure, doing squats, everything!

i guess mine will come when she is ready lol... but those are things you can try... good lucK!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Just think, she will be here soon enough. I wanted to met my little man so much and all the sudden problems started happening and I had to be induced early. I would have given anything to just finish my pregnancy with out those worries if he was going to be okay.
    Anonymous

• Raspberry tea and pineapple.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• SEX SEX and MORE SEX!! It might not work but atleast you can say you had fun trying it! LOL
    mamma-2-two

Answer by mamma-2-two at 2:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• A whole lot of walking. Even if you have to take frequen breaks like i did lol
    travswife55

Answer by travswife55 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Try dancing , I did this with one of mine and the next morning my water broke at home and I was only 3 cm dialited .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• take a lukewarm bath and dump 2 large containers of epsom salt in the water. kind of push the water towards your vagina. pump it in there if you have the nerve lol. this is done a lot in europe and I did it. my water broke within 12 hours and I had my baby 10 hours after my water broke, natural delivery.

the salt seems to weaken the embyronic sack and make it break.
    Anonymous

• yikes! not to discount the epsom salt bath, but i would not pump ANYTHING into your vagina. That can cause so many problems: infection, and at worst it can create an embolism that can get over your babies face and suffocate them because they are breathing the amniotic fluid right now not air. Baths are great to let you know the difference between real and false labor because a bath will stop false labor by relaxing the muscles. My advice: get up and moving! Walk walk walk, sex sex and more sex, and don't clean up afterward, the sperm is what gets things moving. Nipple stimulation also is a good idea. If nothing else you will be so busy trying all these different techniques that the time will fly!
    Anonymous