So, I just did a search for funny hypocrisy examples (for another question) & came across this gem...

Thoughts?

3libras

Asked by 3libras at 5:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I'm just curious as to what those symbols of opulence and wealth serve.  The Pope may not personally own those things, but he isn't living a life that even remotely comes close to the poverty that so many people under his rule live in.  Mother Theresa was a hypocrite in her own way, but at least she didn't wear millions of dollars in gold and jewelry while she got down in the trenches to help those in poverty.  The Vatican is worth how much?  And how does that wealth help further the salvation of others or ease their burdens in this life?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Well all religions are wealthy not just the catholic

Scientology

NYC Central Snyagogue

LDS Utah

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Sounds typical of church leaders ... oh wait, the last church I attended PROMOTED getting rich and if you were not rich, then you were not praising God correctly. No kidding.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• LOL
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• "The Pagans?" [adnilm]
    Do you even realize HOW MANY DIFFERENT religions those two words cover or do you just enjoy talking out of your ass? I mean seriously, do you really believe the Catholic Church is the ONLY religious branch that does charitible work? 

"They have safeguarded these priceless pieces of art and literature for thousands of years." [adnilm]
    You mean the ones they decided not to destroy. Great works of art were lost forever because the church deemed the "obscene" or they had the art "changed" to suit their purtanical ideals. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• staci

The Pope is Catholic
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• not saying this is personal, OP..but my question concerning the issue of materialism/churches/etc is: if i'm (in general) supposed to be concerned with my actions only, and not that of anyone else, why do so many 'preach' how hypocritical churches/etc are about materialism, when they themselves have not been proven to live like Mother Teresa? i mean, come on now..if you(in general) want to argue the point that one is being hypocritical, wouldn't the burden of proof (so to speak) be on that of the accuser, to show himself as having a totally clear conscience/life free from materialism?
    its just a thought i always have..i mean, i will admit i like stuff. i like good stuff, and i don't want to be without certain things. you can be sure if i'm pointing a finger at someone for their stuff, i should either hide my stuff so no one could ever accuse me, or not have it to begin with. kwim?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• What then? The Atheists are going to take over?  The Pagans?  Who?  I would be happy to do that and I wouldn't need a golden throne or jewel-encrusted robes or 20 different limos.  Rent the vatican art treasures out to every catholic on earth, then it would still belong to the catholic church and everyone would get to enjoy it and it would bring in enough money to run the catholic charities.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Bravo, adnilm! :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• What religion is the pope?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2012