A "racist" question..

Ok.... FIRST OFF. IM NOT RASICT. IM JUST WONDERING...SO PLEASE, THIS ISNT AN OPINION FOR YOU TO BASH ME, ITS A THOUGHT.....

Ok, so Im a white girl, and I have had several black friends throughout my life....
My hubby once said to me "What a nigger" about a black person...(doing something rude)
Uh what? But he tells me, and this is TRUE, "nigger" means ignorant. Its not just slang.
And true, there are different groups of races.
Im sure as a white person, the "unclassy" type would be "cracker" right? I dunno...you tell me what white ignorant slang is...

So, what makes a "nigger", or a "cracker" or a "spik" or a "chink" or a "kike"....what have you? What makes a person that "sterotype?"

As you can see, this isnt an opinion of MINE, but this is obviously open for discussion...

Have at it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't call anyone any of those names so..
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 7:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• IMO it's racist and he's justifying his racism by coming up with an alternate definition.

I'm not going to get into the other "definitions" because I have a hard time stomaching the entire concept but I do hope you get some decent answers.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• POINTS
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• read this.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Brawny is correct. It's an "I'm racist and I don't want to admit it" cover.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Im sure as a white person, the "unclassy" type would be "cracker" right?
    No- cracker is derogatory but means the person holding the whip. Plain white trash is the equivalent.
    While the words are derogatory they are descriptors. Kike is just an ugly word for Jew. Same as New York Jew (the worst kind) and Shyster Jew Lawyer (the best kind).

Why anon?
    Seriously, why not use your SN to have an intelligent discussion regarding language?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• What makes a person that "sterotype?"
    Asked by Anonymous 27 minutes ago in Politics & Current Events

Answer: People like your husb who continue to perpetuate the sterotypes by spewing their ignorace & hateful words for others to see or hear.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• I don't know. I don't even know what characteristics most of those things have. I think that true ignorance is having to use words like those to describe anyone. JMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• im too lazy to explain the whole of it...so heres the simple run down.

historically, it started as the word for any Black person (first just slaves, then free too) as it is very close to the Spanish & French words for the color black. it was faster & easier than saying Negro. by the Revelutionary War it started to be used by slave masters as a derogatory term for stupid (not ignorant, but flat out dumb) and inferior. there's a great scene in the movie Glory where Morgan Freeman's character explains the usage of the word to Denzel Washington's character (awesome movie BTW).

its also used to mean any culture that has been put down by another culture or country OR the "stupid" ppl of a country. one popular example: the Irish are the n*****s of the UK (another person's example not mine! im Irish so please dont hate me!).

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2012