Have you ever been undermined as a parent?

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 7:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2012 in General Parenting

• By my parents every once in a blue moon. They don't really do it on purpose, they just don't think about it sometimes.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• No, I'm lucky in that regard. My husb & I present a united front. My parents (esp. my mom) are spoilers, but not underminers. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Same as mrsmom. The grandparents truly respect our rules, as with the rest of the family, and we are lucky that they feel/know we are doing a great job, and our rules are justified and useful, not situational.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• My mom does once in awhile, but i have no problem putting her straight.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• My FIL did that several times.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• My mom does too but without realizing it.. that is when i tell her I'm not like every other parent and my kids really are good kids.. she has stopped.. as for my inlaws my kids are just spoiled but they truely respect my parenting
    mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• My ex-husband did. Once. The night he did that was the night that I decided that I'd had enough of all of his bullshit and I wanted a divorce.

My ex-boyfriend also did. Once. He went behind my back to spank my youngest when he was acting up at after bedtime one night. I saw a bruise on his little butt cheek the next morning, and I laid into my ex-boyfriend like he had never seen before in his life. He tried to tell me I was overreacting and being crazy. I told him he was damn right I was being crazy because he had no right to lay a hand on my kid. He couldn't understand why I left him, either, even though there was that, and the loaded gun he walked around with, and the threat to slap me. Idiot.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• I had an ex boyfriend that did that.... once....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Nope!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• No not that I remember.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2012