Is anyone ever really prepared for a baby

I'm just curious what everyone thinks. Do you think you can ever be fully prepared for having a baby?

Mudfishzgirl

Asked by Mudfishzgirl at 8:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2012 in General Parenting

• Completely?—no, it's not that predictable. But, some people are way more prepared than others.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Yes, I think you can be. I think that most people who already have a child have an easier time being prepared because they already know what to expect, but some are just naturals at it. I would say my husband and I were completely prepared when we had our first baby, mostly because we waited so long to have him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Yes you can, but the experience is like nothing else in the world so you also learn as you go......

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• As long as you have realistic expectations, a loving heart, lots of patience & a sense of humor, that's half the battle. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• Maybe not for the first baby, just because no matter how prepared you are financially, there can be a few surprises caused by sleep deprivation and adjusting to a baby...but after the first, sure!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• For me no.. both time cause each time was different.. it unpredictable
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• completely prepared, not a chance. but i was pretty dang close...the second time around that is. there will always be something you didnt expect or plan for...but thats life!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2012

• According to my Dad it's not possible. Financially-basically you can be,emotionally or even physically it can be a total crap shoot that depends on your child and mother nature.
    I thought I was pretty prepared physically because I was younger then found out that my toddler can run me into an asthma attack. I thought I was prepared emotionally till PPD hit me like a rock then when I got over that and mother nature decided to throw food allergies,asthma and most recently autism at me.
    Believe me nobody will ever be prepared for everything life can send their way.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• Yes for the most part.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2012