over an hour just to do hair....?

omg i am over it. it takes me 2 hours to get ready. shower 10 min, makeup 10 min, what to wear 5 min, blow dry and flat iron long thick hair a COMPLETE hour, sometimes and hour+10 minutes. i don't always do my hair - but if i don't its horrible. sometimes i scrunch it, and my husband hates that. my an hour to fla iron - come on! what can i do to make this process easier. when i donn't do the whole hair and everything i feel 12 years old. i am a newlywed and TTC, i'd like to look my age. not like a college student. help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• do you have a quality flat iron? if you have a crap one, it may not be hot enough to do it quickly. i love my chi. what product are you using.... a straightening shampoo/conditioner/ and product to put in wet will help. i also love chi's silk infusion... it helps make my hair sooooooooo smooth and straight. have you thought about cutting it so there is less hair to fix?
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree with abelsmama07.... the things you use make a huge difference!! A good flat iron and good product will give you a noticeable change!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes, you need a good flat iron! I have curly hair that i straighten and it use to take me forever to get it to look half way decent until I bought an expensive iron! I bought a GHD for $150.00. And it has done wonders for my hair! And with this iron you can curl your hair too! It cut my ironing time in half!!!!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 5:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i have really think hair and i have a good flat iron. make sure its ceramic. that's the biggest thing. i have short hair as well so it takes me about 30 min to style it. i have a ceramic one i bought from walmart for 13 bucks. without a relaxer my hair is super coarse and thick and it does the trick for me
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009