cooking question....

ok heres my problem...im gonna cook chicken pot pie tonight. but every time i cook it my crust doesnt cook all the way through. the top will be cooked but the middle of the crust will still be doughy. i cook it at 350 and i cook it until the top gets tan/light brown. can someone please tell me what im doing wrong?? thanks in advance

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Bake the crust for a few minutes before you put the filling and top crust on.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You need to bake it longer. If the top crust is getting too brown, put aluminum foil around the edge, about 1 1/2" in towards the center. Leave the center uncovered. You want it to be a deep golden brown color, not tan.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was going to suggest putting foil around th eoutside edge too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Besides the foil suggestion, put the crust on boiling hot filling. The heat from the filling will start the crust cooking in the place that is isn't cooking enough now.

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• cook it on the lowest rack of your oven!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2009