How do I get my 2 yr old to listen??

My mom watches my daughter and she also cares for my 2 yr old nephew. I am going to school and I also work shift work. I am gone alot so i rely on my mom alot. But recently my daughter started acting up, throwing horrible fits, and telling me to shut up. I dont know how to handle this, she used to be great. She has never stayed with anyone besides my mom, but im thinking i am going to have someone else watch her because she is picking up on all of my nephews bad habbits. Please help!!

mommybishop

Asked by mommybishop at 2:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly I would try to talk to her and if that doesn't work then yes I would spank her. I know some are for spanking and others are not. I try not to but once my kid tells me to shut up more then once I would. I mean not bad to hurt but you know what I mean.... I hope lol
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 4:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• She is TWO!!! Welcome to terrible twos!!! Talk to her, explain to her that what she is doing is wrong/not nice... but do it on her level... don't yell TALK!!! If she pushes everyone of your buttons and you are really HOT... put her in her room wait til you calm down... and then talk to her!
    aydens_mama

Answer by aydens_mama at 12:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009