I am looking for other moms

who have tried to purchase rollerskates for their kids. I have found a pair that looks like it will fit my 6 yo and last a few years as they seem to be adjustable. I am having the hardest time trying to find a pair for my 4yo. She is on the petite side and even the smallest skates (toddler 8) at the rink are to big. She is good on them. I had both girls take a lesson yesterday and they improved tremendously in just 45 min. Has anyone found skates for the smaller set of children that even goes as small as an 8. I can't seem to locate anything smaller than a 10. BTW she wheres a 6 1/2.

Any suggestions would be very helpful....I want to get her something other than the chunky beginners where she has to where her shoes in them, but that may be my only option.

coala

Asked by coala at 9:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2012 in Shopping

• Roller skates.net my friends daughter skates in tournaments and that's where they get theirs
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2012

• Thanks I just checked. The smallest they have is a Y10. We are several years away from that size. I really appreciate the suggestion.
    coala

Comment by coala (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I had this problem last year, and the smallest affordable street skates I could find were a 12. You can get kits for putting rollers on the bottoms of shoes, and some rinks have someone who can do that (it looked like it wasn't really a DIY job), but that, too is expensive to have done.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2012