How long did you and your husband date before getting married?

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and 3 months today and still no popping the question! We have a child together, what's the hold up?
Also, were you expecting the proposal?
How many of you thought for sure that you weren't getting a proposal but one day he just surprised you?!!?!?!!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Ummm we dated for 2 months before he proposed- he said he knew I was the one and didnt want me getting away lol... But we were together for a year before we got married! We have now been together for 4 years married for three and have our second baby on the way! And I had no clue he was going to propose...
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i was with my husband for a year when we got engaged and 2 years when we got married. i knew he was going to propse- i was pregnate and we had been talking about it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• we dated for 3 years then i was out visiting him at Ft hood because he was in the army and while i was down there we just decided to get married we relized we didnt like to be away from each other. we had plans of getting married when he came home on leave but that wasnt going to be for a year. so we married at the court house and i never returned home lol. Needless to say it wasnt the wedding of my dreams or the wedding our parents had pictured for us but we are happy and have been married for nearly 2 years now.
    Anonymous

• We dated for almost three years.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We dated 14 months. I was expecting it but not when it happened so it was a surprise. I always knew we would get married just not when.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We dated for about 3 years before getting married. After 2 years we talked about getting married and decided to get married a year earlier than we had intended as we wanted to have children sooner rather than later. He didn't officially propose until we were well into planning the wedding. We had my uncle make our rings so that took some time.
    I have several friends though who have kids, own houses together and are not married. 2 of them are talking about it, other's aren't.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• 5 years before we got married but he started asking about 4 months in...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My husband asked me to marry him after 2 weeks. We got married after dating each other for 3 1/2 months. We are going on 7 years of marriage.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We dated for 6 years...lived together for 2...and then got married. We've been married 5 years now.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We had been dating 5 months and he wasn't actually even planning on asking me to marry him... it just kind of happened. We got married 10 months after that. We've been married 6 years now.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009