When you are at a 4 way stop......

do you stay stopped when there is a car about 1/2 block away and wait for them to stop before you go even though there was enough time for you to safely go? It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. When I'm driving to a stop sign and see someone waiting for me to get there and stop before they proceed drives me crazy!!!!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats just one of the driving things i hate. haha i could write a book on the things ppl do driving that piss me off haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• no if i can go i go i dont have time to sit and wait for another car to reach the sighn. If i can safely go im going lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It is safest to make sure that the other person is really going to stop, since some don't. I have also seen people in the car behind go right through after the first car without stopping.
    It makes me nervous when I am turning to the left for the car to my right to start through when I've not even finished my turn. If I would stop suddenly (say, the car stalled) they would broadside me. On a slightly different topic, I have heard to never trust a turning signal- don't assume that the person whose signal says they are going to turn in, that they will actually turn, they could change their mind or not even want to turn there. My most confusing turning incident was when the car in front of me had their left turn signal on, pulled to the left of the lane, then turned right! I had started to edge to the right to pass them assuming that they were turning left. Thank goodness they didn't hit me.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• So you are upset that people drive safely. Hmmm odd. Doesn't bother me.
    Anonymous

• Who ever stops first is who should go. Most people don't know how to act at a 4 way stop. So I usually go first.
    If a car is not at the 4 way stop yet, I go.

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• anon I'm not upset about the Q I posted, just a beef I have. As far as driving safely I've heard of accident's involving people who are too cautious. Does that make sense, sounds funny. But some people are too cautions that they can actually cause accidnent's. They may second guess too much or hesitate.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If its a four way stop, then I'll go but if its a two way and I have the stopsign, I wait.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If they're that far away, I'll go through. If they're a little closer I'll make sure they're gonna stop cuz there are some crazy people out there! There are so many things that bug me about the way people drive these days I better not get started!
    Anonymous

• I do stay stopped and wait for the other person to stop before I go through the stop sign. I was in a car wreck where the person went against a red light and totalled my car. I err on the side of caution.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009