How life changing is it to go from 1 child to 2?

My daughter just turned 3 and I would like to have more children but my husband don't want to go through the whole life change again! It took us a while to get use to the one! And we hear stories of how much harder it is with two kids! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had my second when my first was 3. I worried about not being able to love the new baby since I loved the first so much, I found that you have enough love for both. It really was not a major life change. I was already used to diapers and feedings and schedules- we'd been through it all before and I had learned. It was not twice the work since it had been done before. I was very happy with two children. Unlike with the first, we had the baby furniture and lots of the clothes and baby stuff from the first, so there wasn't the major financial outlay either.

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I didn't find there was the same kind of total life change in going from 1 to 2, or 2 to 3, etc that there was in going from not-mom to mom. That involved changing my lifestyle and my schedule and even my world view in a lot of ways. Adding another baby to the family was not nearly like that, within a few months it seemed like we'd always had 2 (or 3 etc).
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We got pregnant with our second child a couple months after our first child turned one. I didn't find it hard at all. Even when I was brest feeding the baby, if our other child was in need I would just say can you please wait a couple min. so I can finish feeding brother, and would sing a song or something. It worked lol
    Anonymous