left handed or right handed?

Are you left handed or right handed?
And if you are left did your parents try to get you to be right handed?

Im left handed and my parents and teachers tried for along time to get me to use my Right hand. Never worked lol

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I "wanted"=born that way) to be left handed but my mom made me right handed. two out of four of my children are left handed and I wouldn't think of trying to make them left handed....I think it might change who they are ore who they might become...:)
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 3:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i can actually write with both hands-i write better with my left but i do everything else with my right hand. my mom is right handed and my dad is left handed. EVERY first born child on my dads side of the family is left handed. nobody ever tried to change that. my son is left handed (at the moment anyway-hes only 2) and im not gonna try to change him either.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am right handed. My older brother is left handed and my oldest DD is left handed. I never tryed to get her to use her right hand. But I did try to make her write better.

Answer by louise2 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm right handed but when I was in grade school teachers tried to get the lefty's to use the right hands.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm right handed. My mom is left handed and my grandmother would not let her teachers make her write right handed, and back then that was what they always tried to do. She was taught not to write "upside-down" like a lot of left handed people do, though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I just started a question in babies about my daughter possibly being a lefty. She sucks her left thumb, so I think she will be a lefty. As for her father and I, we are both right handed, but my brother is a lefty.,
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am left handed. My mom couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time learning to tie my shoes and write my letters. Thankful my step father ( a left hander as well) came into our lives and he took one look at me and said "No wonder she is struggling she is left handed and you have her trying to do everything with her right hand."

To this day I can do almost everything with either hand except write. That I can only do with the left.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Im left handed. Noone ever tried to make me switch to be a righty.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm right handed and so was my sister until she had her baby finger cut off, long story she's fine, but since then she's been a lefty, it was her right finger that was cut. I don't remember anyone trying to change her back to the right.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• im left my SO is left and our son is showing signs of being a lefty oh and i was raised by two rightys who never cared wich had i used as long as i had clean hands
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009