If your dog has flea poop on their belly, How would you remove it?

I am out of dog shampoo :/ so for now I have to use what I have (dish soap, body soap, detergent) WHAT?
It will only be enough to maybe scrub this poop off and when payday comes I will buy some dog shampoo.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2012 in Pets

• Fleas poop?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• flea poop?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I don't know what flea poop is but I think a mild body soap would be best
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• Do you have any baby shampoo? That would be best along w/ brushing them when they're dry. Then when you're at the pet supply store buying doggie shampoo, get the stuff to spray on your carpeting that kills the fleas. Then get either a monthly flea/tick med to put on them or at the very least a flea collar. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• Yes my dog has stupid fleas and when she laid on her back to rub into the grass I noticed these stupid black pepper on her belly (like someone sprinkled some black pepper on her) I googled it and sure enough that is what it is...flea dirt/flea poop.

I guess your doggies are flea free...what is your secret?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I don't have or like dogs, but I knew about the black poop (I remember it being called "flea dirt"). Human shampoo or baby shampoo would be better for your dog than dish soap, and using a conditioner could calm the itchy skin.
    I was told that we don't have fleas here. My friend used to work in a vet office and people have told her that as they drove near the valley, they could actually watch the fleas falling dead off of their animals. I have no idea if it's true.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• We use the monthly flea/tick med that you put on their neck, all the way down their back. I mark the calendar when it's time to reapply it so I don't forget. We did get them last year, that's how I know about the stuff for the carpet. There's also a medicine you can get from the vet that they eat & it kills fleas too. GL! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I would say buy some monthly flea treatments. Human shampoo would probably be the best bet.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• Dish soap actually helps keep the fleas off of dogs! If you use a kind that is gentle enough to use on your hands, you can use it on your dog. Our dogs haven't had fleas for almost 3 years, and our neighbors have dogs in the genes butting against ours, we go to the dog park often, and we are constantly visiting family and friends and greeting our neighbors and their dogs on walks.

Our secret? Well, I can't really tell you! We don't do anything special raises keep them on a strict diet of no corn, wheat, or soy in their food. We feed Diamond brand Lamb and Rice. It IS more expensive, but not the MOST expensive, but they eat soooo much less, and their coats are beautiful and shiny! That's really all I can attribute it to. If we do notice fleas, we automatically head for a dose of Frontline. One shot of that on our biggest dog, and it's like to kill fleas on all 3!

The little one gets a bath about every 6 weeks because she's
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

• I guess your doggies are flea free...what is your secret?
    I have an inside dog that only gets out for regular walks.

Like JulieJacobKyle said- I don't think they're a problem here either. When I lived in the country side and had an outside dog, we had skunks to deal with, not fleas, lol.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2012