Soft Spot.

my daughter is now 14 months old and she still has a tiny soft spot. Is this normal? I was told in the hospital that it should be closed up by a year. Her doctor doesnt seem concerned, but I am becuase now that she is walking she falls and sometimes hits her head.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can take up to the age of 19 months before it is finally closed.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• the doc told us that the soft spot closes when they are getting their molars. if she already has molars it should close soon. i wouldnt worry about bumps on the head, my kiddo hits his bead alot and sometimes on purpose without a tear. dont stress, is probably fine
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My pedi said it varies well the actual spot will close, however he usually sees that 18 mos is the median age at which it's closed. So, I wouldn't be too worried just yet. HTH.
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009