When your baby needs to pooh what position do you recommend?

I've had 3 babies and their poohing position has never been an issue for me. One was constipated and was quickly resolved, the other poohed easily and frequently. My youngest had difficulty poohing and was constipated for some time. I posted a Q about how cute she was when she'd pooh and the faces and sounds she'd make, before it got painful and hurt her. So my Q is what is the appropriate position for a baby to be in while poohing, sitting, in a jumper on her back or belly or do you have some other position altogether?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never positioned my dd for this, but I think the jumper would be a good place and the belly also.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• when my dd couldn't go I'd lay her on the bed and push up gently on her legs like bring her knees to her chest I'd do a few of these and message her lower ab and it worked for me...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I've also heard that if your baby is really having trouble, to put him/her in the baby tub and rub his/her tummy. Supposedly, the water helps to relax baby's muscles and makes it easier to go. It's messy, but will help baby feel better!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009