What is wrong with people?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/02/02/beating.victime.ignored.wjla

This is a video of a man being beaten and then left to die on the streets. He was later found to be homeless. In this case he wasn't targeted for being homeless but it brought attention to the fact that there are still "bum fights" going on. Why would anyone go out and beat a homeless man and why would anyone leave another human being to die?

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why would anyone go out and beat a homeless man and why would anyone leave another human being to die?

Because they are disgusting.  Because they have no morals.  Because they think only of themselves.  Because they are sub-human.  Because they are jack-asses.  That list could go on and on.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• People who do that crap...Do NOT like themselves.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There is no explanation for people who do things like this. There is no legitimate reason. There could be several excuses, but no reason.
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 3:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'd call them animals but that would be insulting to real animals! These thugs thought no more about killing a human being than more of us would think about killing a bug. They are soulless, evil thugs who were never raised to respect the sanctity of life or have any empathy for their fellow man. It's sad, but when they do something like that, the only solution that would work is to exterminate them. Otherwise society will feed and house them in luxury for the rest of their lives, another 50-60 years, or worse yet, turn them loose on an unsuspecting public again where they will do the same thing again. These are not the kind who will learn to abide by civilized rules, at best, they will learn to hide better and not get caught the next time.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It was another homeless man who beat him and left him to die. He had nothing to lose. 3 hots and a cot doesn't sound so bad when you're homeless.
    Anonymous

• F*cking worthless thugs. The one that hit him first says he did it because the dead guy called him a homosexual.
    Anonymous

• I say this out of compassion for the man and you. well, it is pretty simple really, not that you are blind from figuring this out but well let me explain and maybe this will shed some light for you, please hear me out. People were made perfect and sin entered because of Adam watching Eve take the fruit and bite it, he didn't stop her and then saw that she didn't die and bit into the fruit also. Thus, we are the seeds of adam's sin, the race with this curse all born with sin all prone to it and all needing to be taught that we all sin. Those people that hurt that man are sinners that love to serve sin, they are bound by it and haven't accepted freedom from it through Christ who came to make freedom from sin possible. Once free we no longer have to sin and are servants not to sin but to God/Christ/Holy Spirit. Want to know more take the quiz are you a good person http://www.goodpersontest.com
    athomemommie

Answer by athomemommie at 4:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I understand that some people are afraid to get involved...but I mean, come on...man up. I couldn't live with myself if I witnessed something like that and did nothing. Even if you couldn't work up the courage to confront the offenders, what risk are you taking by calling the police?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I witnessed a woman being beaten by her husband at a gas station. I was the only one who stood up for her. The guy threatened me and I stayed in his face so his wife could get to safety with their baby. I would have rather been hit than have her child harmed. There were 8 men who stood there and watched him hit her and they did nothing. The guy knew he did not scare me and scurried off the police got him right after. I videoed his ass with my cellphone. This girl was back with him two days later that is one her. I will not stand by and watch anyone get hurt even if it puts me in danger.

BTW my son was not with me and I did have my taser with me I never showed it to him but it was ready to go.  I could have taken him down.  I have taken down bigger.

Anonymous