• In the Spotlight:

Ever had one of your rules for the kids reversed on yourself?

After my son's hockey last week he was drinking a blue slushy. I don't like them and he asked me if I'd like to try. I said no thank you I don't like slushies. He then said to me, "Mommy what's the rule?" Our house rule is when there's something you don't like you need to try it and if you still don't like it then you don't need to have anymore. So I had to try some horrible blue slushie! yech!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha he got you good. I have to be aware cause that's one of our house rules too. I had my 2 yo bust me once for not buckling my seatbelt which I always do but I was talking to my oldest and started the car without doing it. I heard Mom, Mom, MOMMAAAAAAAA! So I snapped Riley I'm talking she got real sad and said mom seat not done. I felt two inches tall for yelling at her but she got me and I'm glad she did.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• lol...wow did not see that one coming!!

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• That's odd to me. Why would that be a house rule? Does that apply to everything?

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• that's great at least your making them try things and you followed through rather than saying I'm the mommy so I don't have to.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would have responded I have tried them already and thats how I know I don't like them but thank u anyway.
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We try to have a "no eating on the couch" rule, but I like to snack while watching TV, so it doesn't work. My 8 year old points out that if SHE can't, I can't. Darn smart little kid.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009