I the flu, and am nursing a 4 MO

I have the flu and so does my husband. I'm worried that because I can't keep anything down my milk supply won't keep up with what my baby needs to eat and I have no pumped milk currently in my refrigerator or freezer. Does anyone have any advice or tips for dealing with this and keeping my milk supply up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just advise you to make sure you are hydrated and take your vitamins. I still take prenatals and I'm 7 months pp.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Keep nursing on demand, and do your best to keep hydrated. The fluid is more important then the food.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If you have any fennel seeds in the house, make some fennel tea (3-4 seeds in a mug and pour boiling water on them). That will help keep your supply up, and probably would soothe your tummy, too. And unless you are skeletally thin, your body has the reserves it needs to get through a few days of no food. ... Sleep is a BIG help, too
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• As others have said keep you fluid intake up - try having some fruit too if you can.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When you can eat again, eat oatmeal. Oatmeal will help your supply to recover.
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 3:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• a few days of vomit won't change anything. it take a long time of near starving conditions to affect the quality/quantity of your milk. don't worry. just try to feel better & stay hydrated.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009