With all these factors is it possible to loose about 20 lbs?

I'm supposed to have my baby at the end of March and I am also supposed to meet fam and friends for a week at a rented house at the beach ugh...if I diet healthy and exercise and I will be breast feeding, do you think its POSSIBLE I can loose like 20 lbs by July or August??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't expext to loose the weight so you are not dissapointed if you don't. Instead of "deiting", focus on eating super healthy! Salads, fruits, grilled chicken, fish, all that good stuff, it will be great for your body, weight and the baby. Personally, I lost 27 of the 39 pounds I gained in the first 2 weeks after my daughter was born. Everyone's body is different. Breastfeeding will literally suck the pounds right off lol. If you are eating well and talking walks with your baby and other light excercise working up to more intense workouts....then you'll be looking good in august girl! Good luck
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• how much have you gained? you loose about half of what you'ved gained in the first week postpartum (from my experience) between the baby, placenta, water weight, etc. OR are you trying to loose all your baby weight PLUS 20lbs... i would think that goal is a little ambitious (and unhealthy) in that amount of time.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• be careful about dieting when you are breastfeeding and probably stay away from diet pills cuz all that stuff can transfer into your breastmilk but heck yeah, breastfeeding will help you shed pounds very quickly and alot of the weight will be lost instantly when you have the baby. if you google weight gain in pregnancy there should be a chart that comes up to show you how much everything weighs, just your extra maternal blood is a couple of pounds, the amniotic fluid is a couple of pounds..etc. just be careful on wearing yourself too thin, you will be a busy gal!
    Anonymous

• I read somewhere that it because of hormones it can take up to 9 months to loose ANY of the weight gained during pregnancy no matter how much you diet and exercise, my advice would be to get a bathing suit that will cover your belly like a tankini if your uncomfortable with the way you look. either way be proud of your body you JUST gave birth your not supposed to look like a super model! =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009