should i try to work it out?

I have been married for only about 2 years, things were wrong before we got married, but since we had a baby i thought i would try to work it out, well now he is just really working my nerves, wont help out with chores, comes home from work and thinks his job is over! Im tired been with the kids all day, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, everything. He is very disrespectful to me, i dont even have access to the checking account, i get no allowance, i feel just stupid! Why am i still here, he wont go to counseling or anything to try to fix things, ok i did wrong as well, i cheated on him twice, but that was AFTER i found out he was cheating on me, i kicked him out the house, and he moved elsewhere, so yeh i did wrong, is this worth saving? Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• IMO. It (the marriage) is not worth saving. Two wrongs don't make a right.You should have never married him. You knew that when you married him.

Answer by louise2 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes, your marriage is worth saving. It sounds like both of you are pretty immature, but you do have children and they need two parents. You can help matters by not complaining all the time that all he does is work. That's a very important plus. You should be thankful that he has a job to go to, and that he makes enough so that you can stay home. Most men were not brought up to be expected to take over the wife's chores when they get home from work. If you want help, ask for it politely. You will probably have to show him what you want done. Thank him for his help. Most men are not equipped to care for little children, so you have to teach him that, too. If you stop demanding and express gratitude and appreciation, you will change the whole atmosphere of your home. Meet him at the door with a kiss and welcome him home in the evenings. Show him how much you care for him and he might return the favor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would have to say no... it is not. Woman are great at surviving dont feel obligated to be with him. You disserve better. And you cheated because you felt emotionally neglected, I know I am right, I have cheated to. It sucks but you can do it.
    Arielsmommy507

Answer by Arielsmommy507 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't know. Is it worth it to you? Do I think it CAN be saved? NO. I don't. Both of you cheated, for what ever reason (which doen't matter), so neither of you NEEDS to be married. I hope you know that you not only cheated on your husband, you cheated on your family. You both did. Your kids deserve parents that behave better then that. You both cheated your kids out of a happy family. Congratulations.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Just because someone gets divorced doesnt mean that the kids wont have 2 parents anymore. Some of you women are actling like you are perfect, and your man is probaly cheating on you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 11, 2009