HELP

Do any of you have Endometriosis.. I went to the ER today from pain during intercourse and lower abdominal pain it started four days ago he said its possible thats its some kind of infection amd put me on antibiotics but now im going to another level thinking i have Endometriosis i always think the worst ciuld that really be it. (i have two kids already)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2012 in Health

• Typically OP, endometriosis disappears after having a baby. I had this when I was a teen. So bad that the doc had to prescribe narcotics.
    Since I had a baby, it has more or less disappeared, or not nearly as much pain I had in the past. But you could have whats called a ovarian cyst. Its not cancer mind you. But it also could be a number if things.
    When I had it, I would press on my stomach and had the sensation I had to pee, or when I go to stand up it felt like a lot of pressure in my lower stomach, very painful.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• I have endometriosis and it hurts I have a cream that I have to use every day; it does hurt when having intercourse but if you get put on a cream and use it daily the pain isn't as bad. It doesn't always disappear after having a baby; I also have ovarian cysts and they are painful also. Here is some info I found helpful for me

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Some women with endometriosis don't have symptoms. Other women have symptoms that range from mild to severe. Symptoms may include:

Pain, which can be:
    Pelvic pain.
    Severe menstrual cramps.
    Low backache 1 or 2 days before the start of the menstrual period (or earlier).
    Pain during sexual intercourse.
    Rectal pain.
    Pain during bowel movements.
    Infertility may be the only sign that you have endometriosis. Between 20% and 40% of women who are infertile have endometriosis.1
    Abnormal bleeding. This can include:
    Blood in the urine or stool.
    Some vaginal bleeding before the start of the menstrual period.
    Vaginal bleeding after sex.

Symptoms are often most severe just before and during your menstrual period. They get better as your period is ending. Some women, especially teens, have pain all the time.
    Christmaslver68

• How is it treated?

There is no cure for endometriosis, but there are good treatments. You may need to try several treatments to find what works best for you. With any treatment, there is a chance that your symptoms could come back.

Treatment choices depend on whether you want to control pain or you want to get pregnant. For pain and bleeding, you can try medicines or surgery. If you want to get pregnant, you may need surgery to remove the implants.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Treatments for endometriosis include:

Over-the-counter pain medicines like ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin) or naproxen (such as Aleve). These medicines are called anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDs. They can reduce bleeding and pain.
    Birth control pills. They are the best treatment to control pain and shrink implants. Most women can use them safely for years. But you cannot use them if you want to get pregnant.
    Hormone therapy. This stops your periods and shrinks implants. But it can cause side effects, and pain may come back after treatment ends. Like birth control pills, hormone therapy will keep you from getting pregnant.
    Laparoscopy to remove implants and scar tissue. This may reduce pain, and it may also help you get pregnant.
    Christmaslver68

• As a last resort for severe pain, some women have their uterus and ovaries removed (hysterectomy and oophorectomy). If you have your ovaries taken out, your estrogen level will drop and your symptoms will probably go away. But you may have symptoms of menopause, and you will not be able to get pregnant.

If you are getting close to menopause, you may want to try to manage your symptoms with medicines rather than surgery. Endometriosis usually stops causing problems when you stop having periods.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• you can go to www.webmd.com and type in endometriosis and get more information also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2012

• How do they check to see if i have endometriosis.., Can they check through ultrasound or pelvic exam..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Here is a site you can use that may help you...http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/endometriosis/DS00289/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis.

Did you have this when you were younger? 

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2012