disability question

This is ONLY for those of you that get ssi/disability checks for your kids. If that's NOT you, don't reply. Thanks. I'm not starting drama.
I got the first check for my disabled son in Nov. for $660. Same for Dec. In Jan it went down to $450. In Feb it went up to $460. Today I got a letter saying it would increase to almost $700 starting in March. My husband makes $2000/month and I don't work. We don't get any public assistance or have any other income. I am NOT complaining about the increase, I was grateful for whatever help we got and was fine with $450. My question is why? It's impossible to get through to SSA at the beginning of the month, so I'm not going to call until next week.
Has anyone else had this happen and can you tell me why it goes up or down? We live in NY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• My mom gets SSI disability, and I know that when my brother and I are in school she gets less money and we get more...but as for the month to month change Im not sure...hers is usually the same.
    Anonymous