Getting real contractions for several days every 3 min but no dialation any help?

I am 36 weeks along according to an ultrasound that was done. I now have 3 different due dates. they keep moving it closer. I always thought they were wrong but who knows. I hate my OB they are the worst docs office. They cant even answer any of my questions that I have. But anyway. On Friday I started to get contractions. I waited till they were about 3 min apart and then went to the hospital. They kept giving me shots of something to stop them. All it did was make them weaker and slowed them down for about 45 min then it would start right back up, building up to about a 1 1/2 min apart. On the scale they were anywhere from upper 70s to low 100s progressively getting stronger. They sent me home on saturday becuase I wasnt dialating but i am almost 100% effaced. They havnt stopped yet and they are right at about 3 min apart but are still getting stronger but not any closer. How do I know when to go back? Is this normal? What c

lindze0226

Asked by lindze0226 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this with my second and it went on for two days. Finally one night I woke up and was crying they hurt soo bad! All I can say is you'll know when it's time. Or go in there and stand your ground and tell them you think something might be wrong
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Nurses are trained to deliver babies, but no one understands what is going on in your body better than you. If you feel like something is going on, just keep going back in! I've been in a couple times with pre-term labor and they tend to be a little rude...but be persistent. Don't let them make you feel stupid or keep you from going in. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I Would Just Keep Going Back To The Hospital, Eventually The Will Stop Giving You The Terbutaline And Start With The Labor Process.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 4:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would insist on seeing your DOCTOR. The hospital's hands are somewhat tied-- make an appointment during office hours and insist on being seen and coming up with a game plan or solution.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009